On Thursday we heard that the 2 were not to be ours. It was hard to hear, even though we had been trying to be prepared for the possibility. The good news is that as of Thursday they have a family. We are glad the wait is nearing an end for them.
So what now? We are still on the list for a referral. Our agency has done away with numbers, so we only know the month that they are working on giving referrals. As of Friday, there were several new referrals, and those families all submitted their paperwork in August. We submitted in November. So, it looks like we have several more months of waiting for a referral in front of us. Will we look at other children from the Waiting Child Process? Not right now. It was a difficult process, and the no was painful. I think we will choose the wait for now.
Today, we had our last adoption parenting class. One more step off the list!
2 comments:
Oh Erin, I am so sorry. The good news is that they do have a family. Let me know if you need to talk.
Erin, so fun to get to know you through here. I don't think I knew of your blog.
I think I wrote about these sibs too. I seeing their pic and wanting them to have a fam. Then you mentioned that you were interested in them. Around Christmas I saw them on the list. Along with my small group, began praying for a family. Ryan said we souldn't adopt them unless someone gave us the money to adopt (there was lots of wisdom in his decision) :) I never knew who got them but was glad they were getting a family.
I also read your referral post. how cool. I love how God makes his Way known!
Tamara B.
Post a Comment