Saturday, March 5, 2011

New life...

Lately this is the theme - babies!!  Our church is busting with them.  Our great friends had theirs today - a precious little girl.  God is so good.  I also helped host a baby shower for another friend today.  (That's the second in a month, and another still to come this month!)

I love new life, and isn't it great that our God does too?!  We all have the opportunity for new life through Him.  He blesses us with the new life of spring each year.  Each morning is a new start.  Hallelujah, for that!  Because, I don't know about the rest of you, but I desperately need new life every moment!

We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.  Romans 6:4

On the adoption front there is some news that adoptions may be slowing substantially in Ethiopia.  Would you please pray!  It breaks my heart that children will stay longer in orphanages unnecessarily!

The good news is that referrals have been abundant lately from our agency!  They did away with the numbering system, but by my calculations, we have broken into the 20's!!  I think we are around 26, give or take. 

1 comment:

Dee said...

What is the number system? We're praying. I'd really like to hear/understand more. What's a good time to call you during the week? Miss you!