Today is my Dad's birthday. He's 6 or 7. :) My kiddos all had to call him on facetime and sing Happy Birthday. I LOVE facetime!! So much easier than skype.
I have the best Dad and the best Papa to my kiddos. He's fun, caring, smart, loving, and loves God. I couldn't ask for a better Dad. The crazy thing... he didn't really have a Dad growing up. His Dad (my Grandpa Zumbrun) died from the effects of asthma and epinephrine when my Dad was only 5. He still has stories to tell us about the convenience/gas station that my grandpa worked at. How he would pick up the phone and tell the operator, "I want to talk to my Daddy." And she'd get him! My Dad is and was an amazing Dad. He loved to tell us stories of Tinkum and camp Whitley. We LOVED them. Just that touch of suspense that kept you hanging on. He also loved to sing to us and pat us. I still love it. :) My dad, though a very busy doctor, never (really I mean NEVER) missed a game or activity we were involved in. We always knew he loved us, and he told us regularly. I never knew any different! He was and still is committed to my Mom. What a gift for us kiddos. I always knew/know I can count on my Dad. He's a man of integrity. One very vivid memory I have as an adolescent is of waking up and knowing that I'd find my Mom and Dad on their knees praying for us. I didn't realize yet how rare this is. He loves my kids and they love him. He loves to play tickle monster still. And they laugh until they can't breath. I remember that too. He and my Mom still pray, and if they tell you they are praying, you better believe it happens.
Dad, I know I've told you before, but THANK YOU. Your actions and your love for the Lord and for us mean more than words can express. I love you. Thanks for being you and for being real with us. Happy 67th Birthday!
2 comments:
What a wonderful blessing. My Dad and I are very close too and I never take that for granted. You Dad sounds wonderful...what a gift. LOVE the pic too.
What a beautiful tribute!
Post a Comment