We returned home from our court trip last Thursday. And I'm just now feeling like writing about it. Amazing trip, yes. Difficult to put into words, yes. A little hard to talk about because it makes me sad, yes! I didn't expect that. I knew it would be hard to leave them, but didn't anticipate the sadness the trip home would cause. I was so ready to hug the other 3 kiddos. I was so grateful to my parents for keeping them so that we really didn't worry about them a bit. But, I wasn't ready to not want to share details and talk about the precious time with our girls, and their beautiful home country.
I've shared stories and pictures now with a few people including my sister-in-law who might as well be my big sister for my whole life. She was so sweet to put my sadness into words... "Erin, of course you're sad. It's like you had a baby and had to leave it at the hospital." Perfect analogy, really perfect. That's exactly how I feel. It felt strange to me to miss them soo much when we were together for just 2 hours. But I do. Heartache... I want to be with them.
I will be posting my trip journal soon. We were so, so busy the whole time we were there. And our travel group? Really, there couldn't be a cooler group of people. We loved them all.
I've shared stories and pictures now with a few people including my sister-in-law who might as well be my big sister for my whole life. She was so sweet to put my sadness into words... "Erin, of course you're sad. It's like you had a baby and had to leave it at the hospital." Perfect analogy, really perfect. That's exactly how I feel. It felt strange to me to miss them soo much when we were together for just 2 hours. But I do. Heartache... I want to be with them.
I will be posting my trip journal soon. We were so, so busy the whole time we were there. And our travel group? Really, there couldn't be a cooler group of people. We loved them all.
4 comments:
Chokes me up thinking about it!!! Living this dream with u
That is a perfect analogy. Here's hoping the next step comes so very soon!!!!!!!
I'm sure it was just heartbreaking leaving the girls behind!
Praying for you!
-kathleen
www.ourtreeofhope.com
Just thinking about you and hoping you are reunited soon!
Post a Comment