Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My hope is in you

I haven't posted in forever...  Mostly nothing to say.  Nothing I wanted to say, anyway.  We are waiting, still.  But learning a lot in the wait.  Celebrating not being in control.  Working on other relationships, other tasks, keeping busy with the fall.  Wondering what God has in store.  Longing for our girls.

Lately worship music has been keeping my head in the right place.  When worries come (and believe me we've had so many) it reminds me where I need to go.  Yesterday my Bible study took me to the end of 1 Thes.  Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.  Wow, I needed that.  It's been going through my head all day.  God's word never ceases to amaze me.  God's word to me!!  Amazing...

Aaron Shust's song "My Hope is in You" is my anthem right now.  When life is hard, when your kids are stuck half way across the ocean, my hope is in HIM.  Because He alone is worthy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RRZgr7wNDs

Listen and worship. 

2 comments:

Alison said...

So sorry that ya'll are still waiting! I know God has a plan for your girls!

MANDIE said...

Worship music is keeping me straight too. I have been keeping up with you on the Holt board. So very sorry for the delays. Praying they end SOON and you can get those girls HOME. Hugs.