Wednesday, November 23, 2011

the story - part 3

November 11, 2011, I was driving home from my friend's house, when I heard a devotional from Max Lucado about hard things that come into our lives.  He talked about how nothing happens to us outside of God's love for us and His protection of us.  Exactly what I needed to hear.  The scripture he quoted was Isaiah 43:2 When you pass through the waters,
   I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
   they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
   you will not be burned;
   the flames will not set you ablaze.

When I got home, I decided to read the rest of Isaiah 43 and was blown away.  I read through verse 7 and was particularly fond of the last 3 verses.  :)


Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
   I will bring your children from the east
   and gather you from the west.
6 I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’
   and to the south, ‘Do not hold them back.’
Bring my sons from afar
   and my daughters from the ends of the earth—
7 everyone who is called by my name,
   whom I created for my glory,
   whom I formed and made.”

Does God care?  Absolutely!!  His word is alive and active.  Amazing...

 Zoe late October 2011
 Etta late October 2011

Also, have to interrupt this story to tell you the girls are in Addis, safe and sound, and will hopefully be submitted to Embassy soon!!  The rest of the story coming soon.  :)


2 comments:

Mindy said...

Love how God's word meets us where we are at. Your little girls are so beautiful. Can't wait to hear the news that they are at last gathered into your arms!!! God is faithful!

Unknown said...

I have seen that face from Etta on Mark. Zoe little face is so sweet. Pray for our new nieces t come daily.
Heard a sermon on Exodus at church this summer that reminds me of your journey-The Land Between by jeff Manion