Today marks a week home! It's so hard to believe... In some ways it feels like a day, in others the girls have always been here.
Generally, I think we are doing really well. The girls are adjusting as are the other 5 of us. I'd say the first few days home were some of my hardest ever, but I think it was more related to being sick and tired. Ever since the girls started sleeping, I've felt like a new woman. My parents have been here, which has been so helpful. Having another driver, someone doing laundry, and thinking about food/shopping, etc. has been priceless.
The girls bonded to me very quickly. It's been hard for poor Mark. They were terrified of men from the moment we picked them up from the care center. Etta is coming around, and now loves playing tag/tickle with daddy, but Zoe is so scared! Open for any suggestions from other veterans. I know it will take time, but I'd love to be able to help her with her fear.
We've survived first trips in the car, first doctor appointments, first pick-up from school for the big kids. Today we tried Target... big mistake. Oh well, now I know! We all were so happy to be home. :)
 |
| First smiles at home |
 |
| custody day |
 |
| farewell ceremony |
 |
| first family picture |
 |
| sister love |
We've been so blessed by friends and family providing meals, diet coke, calling from the grocery store, and the sweetest airport welcoming I could imagine. More later... My sweet Etta has a tea party ready to be served. :)
10 comments:
You may not be surprised by this but I cried a little when I read your super sweet post today. God is so good and know that we will continue to pray for the adjustment for your family. PS the pics are absolutely great! MUCH LOVE!
I love it Erin! Thanks for being real about the good and the not so good. I have found myself feeling a bit of anxiety about the "What if she hates me?" question. Trying to just be prayerful and remember that the hard things in life are worth the result and I want hope for her but also a change in ME and my heart.
So precious and I can't wait to continue to see how your beautiful story unfolds. I will pray for you all, especially for your bond as a family. :)
What a great start to the New Year a family brought together!!!! That is great. I will pray for your family as the adjustments will take time. I am sure. I will have lots of questions when our adoption goes through I am sure.
Hey Erin, I followed you thru the holidays. COuldnt wait to see the pics and the updates. I was with my brothers/families out of state and they were excited also. In fact my bro's partner adopted a son from Guatemala 4 years ago. I share her story. We all got goose bumps looking thru the airport photos. Well I dont doubt that you wil deal with these 5 siblings with the same grace and talents that I witness when you were a dr. a few years ago. Keep us posted it is so cool to follow! You are going to heaven...........!!!
Your Friend,
jam
I am so happy for you and your family. I've so much enjoyed following your blog and seeing the whole thing come together. God is amazing and works miracles everyday. We are officially adopting three children and it is an adjustment for all of us. Sometimes it's really hard but I know it's Gods plan and in the end it's going to be so worth it. Good luck to you and please keep blogging :)
Oh, there are no words! So so happy you are all together finally! The pictures paint such a glorious story. I love Callie's face in the farewell ceremony picture! She is already jumping in as a big sis, I can tell. I know the days ahead will be full of joy and struggle as everyone adjusts to a new way of life, but please know we are bathing you in our Abba's love through prayer. Please keep posting as you are able. (ha!)
P.S. Praising God for the friends who remembered the diet Coke :)
God has given you an amazing family! You and Mark are amazing parents and I know that, in time, sweet Zoe will see how much her daddy loves her and soften. I can't imagine all that goes through their little minds as life has changed so much for them, in less than a few weeks time. Let me know whenever you need another diet coke or even chocolate! (or Jimmy Johns... I can always use and excuse to grab a sandwich from there! Lol) Love you guys and feel so blessed to be a part of such an amazing journey of God's faithfulness, grace and love.
The girls are here! Praise the Lord! I had tears of joy reading your post and seeing the pictures. Zoe and Etta are beautiful. The Fish family has never been more beautiful. I can see so much love in the pics. Callie looks so happy and proud. She will be so blessed by her new sisters and she will be a big blessing to them. I will be praying for the adjustments and look forward to updates.
Post a Comment