Saturday, January 21, 2012

Week 3

Loving outside

crazy boys

callie and zoe on the slide

she loves the cold!

having fun with cousins

maddie and etta

auntie and zoe - trying to win her over :)

cousin fun

uncle and carson
Today marks three weeks home! Amazing. Time is flying by. I just read last weeks summary and am shocked myself in how much things have changed in a week! The biggest change is definitely in Zoe. She's coming out of her shell. She has new words daily, sometimes hourly, and Wow!! Is she ever opinionated!! It's almost hard to believe she's the same quiet child that I brought home. She gives me a run for my money and LOVES the word no like most toddlers. She still eats more than a man, but is branching out a ton on things she likes. She decided she really likes corn dogs and ranch dip this week! She's ready for the Iowa state fair. :). She's still sleeping good, but tells me exactly what to do at bedtime. Tonight she crossed the line when her last request was lipgloss. ;). Her babies must be wrapped exactly right or else I will pay!  She also loves to tell me "Wolayta" and walk to the computer.  She and Etta both love to listen and dance to Wolayta music on youtube.  So cute.  She still won't give Mark the time of day.  We've tried everything.  It's just going to take time.  So, so hard, because he never gets to see her cute, hilarious side.  She becomes a quiet statue when he comes home.  Zoe's not a big fan of the cold, and it's hard because she loves to go outside.  Spring and summer will be great for her.

Etta enjoyed (thoroughly, as in watched three times today because I couldn't refuse), Cinderella! She was disgusted by the step mother, and must have told me to watch 1,000 times. Her face was so, so cute though. She just loved it. She also had her first doughnut this week and asked for another. Guess we have already gotten over the dislike of sweets!! She understands almost all English already, and even translates for me with Zoe as least once a day. She loves to learn, and has started to get frustrated when she can't remember a word. Her pouting has decreased tremendously and she is getting used to our routine.  She LOVES the snow.  We haven't had much this winter and it's been seriously cold this week, so she hasn't gotten nearly enough time in it.  I can't wait for a little sledding, hopefully soon.

On the whole, we are doing great.  I'm second guessing myself a lot less.  I feel like I know the girls better, and it's so much easier to tell what they want and need.  We've spent some time at other people's homes and the girls have done pretty well.  We are slowly branching out and are planning on trying church this weekend.

No comments: