Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Miracle in week 8!

This last week was hard.  Pouting returned with a vengeance and Mommy wasn't very patient.  We made 3 trips to the doctor (strep throat, wheezing, and tummy aches) and all recovered.  We got hair braided (3 1/2 hours later, a very happy girl, and the sweetest friends anyone could ask for...  she did it for FREE!!).   But all of this paled over the weekend with our good news...
gorgeous girl and her braids.

The biggest news of the week occurred on Saturday night.  I escaped the house about 5pm to take Callie to a birthday party at some friend's house.  Noone else was with me...  So, that meant I left Mark home with the other four, one of which was difficult for him to care for.  At my friends house, we jokingly said to her husband that we should go out for a girls' dinner.  He said YES!!  Mark said YES!!  So, we went.  Our amazing husbands took care of the bday party and our 4 other children.  I felt so free.  And then the best text I've ever received, "The daddy, Zoe stalemate is over".  I was so happy I started crying.  He then sent the sweetest picture.  It was as if she switched the daddy switch.  SHE LOVES HIM!!  She runs after him saying, "Daddy, Daddy!"  She asks for him when he's at work!  This mommy and daddy couldn't be happier.  Sunday was my birthday and I couldn't have received a better gift.  Mark joked that he and Zoe had an agreement to wait until my birthday.  :)  God answers prayers.  Again a reminder of our verse, "The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still."  This transition was nothing to do with us.  All God.  He is so good.  Thank you so much to all of you who were praying.  Another example of answered prayer!

 So, here are the happiest pictures!

I love my daddy!!

She loves to ride and look at herself in the mirror.

Silly, happy girl.

Fun on the ipad, playing teach me toddler. 
My bday cake, made by Kelly!

4 comments:

Susan said...

the pic you texted me MADE my weekend! And this post...love IT! SO exciting for ALL of you....God is good ...so good.

emily :) said...

so exciting! again, i cried with joy for your fam. much love friend!!

Melissa said...

What a great moment. Praise the Lord!!! God is great. I am so thankful that you are seeking him. We will continue to pray for you and your family as you guys continue to grow closer.

Messy and Wonderful said...

Awesome news. I am thrilled for you guys and for the hope it offers us. I'm sorry that I've been so consumed with our upcoming trip that I haven't checked your blog.

Praising God with you.