Thursday, January 12, 2012

2 weeks home, well... almost!

Tomorrow is 2 weeks home!  In a way it's hard to believe in another...  it's been a lifetime.  :)  We've been to the doctor's office three times, the pharmacy 4, the grocery store probably 10, Target three (twice for mama's sanity), Goodwill once, the dump twice, and mostly done a lot of staying home!  LOL  If you know me, you know the last one is making me a bit crazy.  It really is easier to stay home, but not when mama gets stir crazy. 

The girls are doing amazingly well.  Of course they have their moments, but as a whole it's remarkable.  A good friend asked me today how the adjustment was going.  I told her, I almost have to remind myself to think about it.  It's really busy with five kids!!  The "mom I need you" from the other room has doubled or maybe tripled.  :)  It's good to be asked that question, though, because it makes me think about how far we've come in 2 weeks. 

Etta is personality plus.  She is full of drama (good and bad).  She definitely lets you know what she needs.  She's a survivor, she's done it on her own for so long, but it's so fun to see her let me baby her.  She's a words of affirmation kind of girl.  Give her a job and tell her what a good job she did and she smiles so brightly it makes my day.  She's not picky at all about food, but she hates anything sweet.  I'm sure that will change!!  She ADORES her big sister, and her favorite time of day is when Callie returns home from school.  In fact, it's a bit exhausting for Callie, she loves her so much.  :)  She has big opinions on her clothing and hair, and always wants to make sure she looks konjo (beautiful).  The sparkly shoes I bought from Target are her best friends.  She even wore them in the snow today, with socks, of course...  Not mommy's fav.  Oh well.  I'm picking my battles.  She also loves anything electronic.  Fits right in here.  :)  Her voice is gorgeous.  The girl can pick up any tune from anywhere and sing it perfectly.  I LOVE when she sings songs in her native language.  I want so badly to get them videotaped, but of course as soon as I pull it out, the songs stop!  I did my first whole head of braids today.  It turned out pretty well, and Etta was so happy.  I love her hair down, she has beautiful curls, but she is not such a fan.
Etta and the adorable cake that Kelly brought us.

Three silly girls


Princess Zoe and her common face

Love for Nonnie
Zoe is as sweet as can be.  She already has several nicknames, but the little princess is most fitting.  She's definitely a youngest...  She sings so sweetly, in fact most of the words we have heard from her little mouth have been via song.  She already knows This is the day, Jesus loves me, and tonight she was singing A you're adorable to me.  :)  She loves to be outside, so the first week home was such a gift.  Today, she's had a really hard time understanding why she couldn't go out and play.  Until of course, we took her out.  She hates the cold!  She loves to eat, and it takes her forever.  Or maybe it's just that she is always eating!!  I can't believe how much she can eat.  She loves her big sister, and is always watching for her reactions.  She is the quiet observer a lot of the time, and especially when people she doesn't know are around.  She is not at all fond of men, and we are praying this away, as she is still very reserved around Mark.  We've made progress, but I surely can't wait until she loves her daddy.

4 comments:

Jenny D said...

What an amazing journey you've been on and are continuing! Thanks so much for sharing!
Jenny (Nash) Dillingham

The Taupes said...

So happy you're doing well. The girls are beautiful and it sounds like they're doing amazing. I've meant to thank you for sending the pictures of Lidiya. I have them up on my computer all the time. Thank you for taking the time to snap them and then send them. Love hearing your updates. Keep them coming!

Melissa said...

I love that you are willing to share your journey with us. I just love seeing the photos.

Kelly said...

Erin it sounds like it is all coming together. And I over the moon happy for you. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers...all 5 of you!